Sunday, June 20, 2010

Game 9 Win 13-6 "The thrill of victory...and the agony of defeat"


The Ringers win and the Celts lose. One team beginning their march to 5th place, and one team wrapping up an improbable run. I can almost see ol Danny Crupi drunk as a skunk flying down Rt 2 as the game was finihsing up, happy for the Ringers win, but saddened by the loss of his beloved C's. As he put it so eloquently "I'm outta here, this is bullshit".


I typically write down some notes when I get home from the game. Highlights, lowlights, whimsical moments...this time I couldnt figure out that the 18th was the 3rd Friday and thus couldnt park on a certain side of the road. One 50.00 ticket and a headache later, I learned my lesson. How I couldn't do that math I'll never know.


In any event, a solid Ringers win. Honey Fitz seems to be one of the better teams in the league and was 6-2 going into that game. The D got started right off the bat with MBags making a stab at 3rd. Connors had a surprise start at First and played a heck of a game, very steady. Sully played a great SS, and Noyes came up with a great play behind the dish to get us out of a jam in the 5th. Consistent hitting, Sweet getting back into the swing of things. Definately leaving a lot out but that happens when you slug beers back without eating until midnight.


Diamond's up next. This guy comes off the DL this week



No comments:

Post a Comment